- Joined K&W in: 1993
- Admitted as Attorney: 1997
- Dipl.-Ing. in Aerospace Technology
- Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- European Patent Litigation Diploma (epi/CEIPI)
Academic and professional career
University of Stuttgart
Studies of Aerospace Technology
Special Fields at K&W
Grant proceedings for patents in the field of mechanical engineering.
Opposition, revocation, nullity and infringement proceedings, in particular in the fields of mechanical engineering, batteries, fuel cells, hybrid drives, motor vehicles, commercial vehicles, rail vehicles, aerospace technology, internal combustion engines and turbo jet engines, agricultural engineering, structural engineering, heat insulation technology, medical technology and thermodynamics.
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- BayPat (Bavarian Patent Attorney Association)
- Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- DJG (German-Japanese Society in Bavaria)
- EPI (European Patent Institute)
- EPLIT (European Patent Litigators Association)
- FICPI (International Federation of Industrial Property Attorneys)
- GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- IPO (Intellectual Property Owners Association)
- IZG (Interdisciplinary Center for Intellectual Property at the University of Mannheim)
- LES (Licensing Executives Society)
- UNION (Union of European Practitioners in Intellectual Property)
- VDI (Association of German Engineers)
- VPP (Association of Intellectual Property Experts)
"KUHNEN & WACKER is a nimble-footed boutique that plies its trade at the leading edge of patent law. Over the past 40 years it has refined its service so that rights holders receive unreservedly commercial support and around-the-clock attention at a price that makes sense. No application is deemed good to go until it is truly watertight and monetisation opportunities are pounced upon in double-quick time. Mechanical engineering ace Stephan Kopp is the first point of contact for interested parties."
(IAM Patent 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Professionals 2018)
The IAM Patent 1000 has become the definitive directory exclusively dedicated to identifying the world's leading patent services providers. The extensive research process for this guide was conducted over several months by a team of full-time analysts, and involved more than 1,700 interviews with patent specialists across the globe. Legal and attorney firms and individual practitioners qualify for inclusion in the IAM Patent 1000 upon receiving sufficient positive feedback from market sources.