Detlef von Ahsen vCard
- Joined K&W in: 2010
- Admitted as Attorney: 1996
- Dipl.-Ing. in General Mechanical Engineering
- Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- European Patent Litigator
Academic and professional career
Technical University of Darmstadt
Studies of General Mechanical Engineering
1990 – 1992: Product Engineer at Baker Hughes Inteq, Celle
1992 – 1994: Patent Attorney Trainee at Meissner, Bolte & Partner, Bremen
1994 – 1995: Patent Attorney Trainee at the GPTO/BPatG, Munich
1996 – 2013: Self-employed Patent Attorney
Special Fields at K&W
Mechanical Engineering, Legal, Trademark & Design
Grant proceedings for patents in the field of mechanical engineering.
Opposition, revocation, nullity and infringement proceedings, in particular in the fields of mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, shipbuilding, electric machines, packaging machines, machine tools, materials, process engineering, plant variety rights, trademarks and designs.
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- BayPat (Bavarian Patent Attorney Association)
- BDPA (Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys, President since October 2021)
- Chamber of Patent Attorneys (from 2002 until April 2020 Member of the board)
- EPI (European Patent Institute)
- EPLIT (European Patent Litigators Association)
- FICPI (International Federation of Industrial Property Attorneys)
- GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- INTA (International Trademark Association)
- LES (Licensing Executives Society Germany)
- Patent Attorney Association Lower Saxony-Bremen (1997-2011 Member of the board)
- VPP (Association of Intellectual Property Experts)
"... Joining him is Detlef von Ahsen, who handles a combination of patent and trademark mandates. He has developed a niche offering in the area of 3D marks."
(2023, World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000)
"... patent and trademark attorney Detlef von Ahsen, whose former career in industry as a product engineer means he can easily see things from the point of view of innovators. While he is a strong all-round counsellor, 3D trademarks are a speciality."
(2022, World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000)
WTR 1000 is the world's only independent multimedia publication dedicated exclusively to reporting on trademark issues for in-house and private practitioners internationally.