High-tech and history
KUHNEN & WACKER has resided in its prestigious premises at Prinz-Ludwig-Straße 40A since 2001. The listed and completely renovated Art-Nouveau era building is part of historic barracks which were built between 1904 and 1906 for the 1st Royal Bavarian Rifle Battalion.
Military use of the barracks ended in 1993 after the Reichswehr, the Wehrmacht, the US Army and the Bundeswehr had all been stationed there. From 2000 to 2002, a large part of the palace-like buildings was converted into an elegant housing complex called “Prinzregentenpark”.
Originally, K&W’s main building was used as the officers’ club, which is why it is the most elegant and architecturally interesting building in the complex. The second office complex was originally used as a riding hall. After having been unoccupied for ten years, K&W moved into the building in 2011 and had an additional floor and state-of-the-art office technology installed, all without altering the exterior appearance of the listed building.